Week 4 Reflection!

  Here we are again for week 4. For this week's lesson Dr. Lina taught us about Digital competence for educators, also known as DigCompEdu. For someone who is not tech savvy like me, it was very complex and complicated. I was trying to grasp what Dr. Lina was explaining. With the help of my peers, I was able to get the hang of it.Dr. Lina then proceeds to draw a chart on the whiteboard. What it means for educators to be digitally competent is defined by the scientifically solid European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators (DigCompEdu). It offers a broad frame of reference to assist Europe in developing digital competencies tailored to educators. Dr. Lina talked about the six main aspects of digital competence of DigCompEdu. Which are professional engagement, digital resources, teaching and learning, assessment, empowering learners, and facilitating learners' digital competence. 


The DigCompEdu framework can be used as a guide for educational institutions and policymakers to create professional development programmes for teachers and guarantee that they possess the digital skills needed to serve students in the digital age. In order to prepare students for the digital opportunities and challenges of the twenty-first century, it is imperative that educators become more proficient and inclusive in the use of technology.To help educators effectively integrate digital technology into their teaching practises, DigCompEdu offers a reference framework that describes the key digital skills that educators, including instructors and trainers, should possess. The framework's goals are to improve digital education standards throughout Europe and assist instructors in developing their digital literacy.




After giving us a detailed explanation, Dr. Lina goes onto ask us what our definition of an empowered student. This particular question was intriguing. Each and everyone of us had different perspective on this and it was interesting to see their answers on the screen. Oh there were some funny answers too hahaha. After that Dr. Lina Introduced us to Davinci Resolve, which is basically an editing app similar to Capcut. I personally find Capcut far more easy. Davinci Resolve is more sophisticated for me, it is probably because I am used to Capcut. I was struggling to work on the App, from downloading it, uploading videos to adding audios. I am sure to get the hang of it with more practice. Nonetheless it was a fun experience with my group mates, everyone was laughing and having a good time learning something new. Which motivated me to join in as well. I chose to make a video of my beloved dog, Cooper as I am homesick. I personally feel it was a great hands on experience and It will be very useful in the future for us as upcoming educators. I do believe that my past experience with Capcut helped me navigate Davinci Resolve a lot easier. Overall it was a great experience.



Thanks for reading, see you next week!



References :

Guo, Lina. (16 October 2023) Teaching and Learning Strategies week 4 https://moodle.nottingham.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=143315


Comments

Popular Posts